STUDENT BEHAVIOUR: HARRODIAN EXPECTATIONS
The Harrodian applies guidelines rather than rules and keeps them to a minimum.
Respect for each other and property are essential at all times.
As a school, we aim to:
- provide a safe and secure environment for all members of the school community
- maintain high standards of behaviour, care and control so that every pupil has the right to enjoy learning, free from intimidation both inside and outside the classroom.
All students are expected to try their best to be co-operative and polite to other students, staff and visitors to the school. In addition, students are to:
- line up quietly outside the classroom until told to enter by the teacher
- listen carefully and abide all staff requests and instructions, including how work should be set out and presented
- avoid unnecessary talking and do not distract others during lessons
- address staff in a polite and courteous manner
- come to lessons punctually and properly dressed. It is essential to be fully prepared by bringing the correct books, equipment and completed homework
- keep all school books in good order (no graffiti on covers)
- not run in the school buildings, nor cloisters, as this can be very dangerous. and only enter the swimming pool area if supervised by a member of staff
- stay well clear of the car parks both at the front and rear of the school buildings
- act in a quiet and sensible manner around the school
- clear away dirty plates etc after eating in the dining hall
- not bring in valuable personal items