We have several opportunities for full-time Kitchen Assistants to work in our busy school kitchens during term time. Each position will involve a full-time shift of either 7.30am to 4.30pm or 9am to 6pm, depending on duties.
Duties will include:
- assisting with the smooth and efficient running of the school kitchen operation, providing teas, coffees, snacks, packed lunches and up to 1500 lunches for pupils and staff on a daily basis, as well as catering for evening and weekend sporting and special events
- carrying out the preparation, cooking, portioning, presentation, transportation and serving of food and beverages as directed by the Head Chef
- maintaining high standards of cleanliness and hygiene throughout the kitchen, food prep and food storage areas, including surfaces, equipment, walls and floors
- washing and drying cooking and serving equipment, crockery, glassware and cutlery
- filling and emptying the dishwasher, putting items away neatly and carefully
- carrying out any other ad hoc duties appropriate to the role, as directed by the Head Chef or the House Manager
A full job description and application form are attached below. Applicants must be hard-working, energetic and cheerful, able to work well within an large team. Free school lunches are provided.
Founded in 1993, Harrodian is co-educational and set in 25 acres of beautiful grounds. Harrodian offers employees a friendly and welcoming work environment where standards and expectations are high.
Please forward your covering letter, addressed to the Operations Director, and completed application form to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: There is no closing date for this vacancy. Applications will be considered on receipt and interviews may occur at any stage. The start date will be agreed at appointment stage and will be as soon as possible on the completion of all required pre-appointment checks. The start date is likely to be September 2022 or soon after.
Please note: only full applications (with both requested documents) will be accepted.