Educating the whole child
The three age group schools that make up the Harrodian – Pre-Prep, Prep and Senior/Sixth form – are united in sharing a clear and distinctive vision and spirit which is set out below.
We highly value academic excellence, hard work and personal achievement.
We encourage pupils to think independently and express themselves confidently and creatively in their writing and speech.
- We employ engaging and dynamic teaching across a wide subject range so that children at every level in the School are inspired to work to the very best of their abilities.
- We work hard to ensure our pupils become independent learners equipped with the resilience to focus on continuous improvement.
- Pastoral care policies, carefully tailored to the needs of each age group and caringly implemented by Harrodian staff, are embedded at the heart of our School, underpinning our community.
- We are committed to ‘educating the whole child’ academically, physically, socially, culturally and morally, in and beyond the classroom.
- We help Harrodians to grow into thoughtful, healthy and considerate young people who are as confident well-rounded as they are well-informed.
“[Harrodian] pupils’ spiritual, moral, social and cultural development is outstanding. Pupils of all ages enjoy an outstanding range of extra-curricular activities… [and] welcome the opportunities they have to contribute to School life.”
Ofsted Report, 2012
“[The Harrodian School]…a dream – a co-ed school run according to civilised values in a civilised environment to produce relaxed, happy children.”
The Good Schools Guide