Prep school pupils follow a curriculum which evolves as they move through the school to offer a developing range of academic options:
- 8s and 9s pupils (Years 4 to 5) study a set curriculum which includes Humanities (combining History, Geography and Religious Studies) and Science.
- 9s (Year 5) pupils are introduced to Latin.
- 10s (Year 6) continue to study Humanities, now as separate timetabled subjects, and Science.
- 11s (Year 7) follow the Common Entrance curriculum for the core subjects of English, Maths, Science, Latin and French. They still study History, Geography and Religious Studies as separate subjects but follow our own Harrodian curriculum.
- 11s can choose between a Latin route or non-Latin route and between Spanish or Italian. Choosing the non-Latin route allows them to choose four additional subjects, the Latin route two. The choices available are Computing, Sport, Art, Drama and Music.
For more specific information about these subjects and for curriculum details by year group and term, please download the curriculum handbooks.