Pupils’ understanding of moral and cultural themes are deepened by the opportunity to explore these in a wide range of subjects.
Ofsted Report, 2018
Educating the whole child
The three age group schools that make up the Harrodian – Pre-Prep, Prep and Senior/Sixth form – are united in sharing a clear and distinctive vision and spirit which is set out below.
- We value academic excellence highly, as well as hard work and personal achievement.
- We encourage pupils to think independently and express themselves confidently and creatively in their writing and speech.
- We employ engaging and dynamic teaching across a wide subject range so that children at every level in the School are inspired to work to the very best of their abilities.
- We work hard to ensure our pupils become independent learners equipped with the resilience to focus on continuous improvement.
- We are committed to ‘educating the whole child’ academically, physically, socially, culturally and morally, in and beyond the classroom.
- Pastoral care policies, carefully tailored to the needs of each age group and caringly implemented by Harrodian staff, are embedded at the heart of our School, underpinning our community.
- We value and promote richness of racial and ethnic diversity, welcoming and including pupils from all global cultures and groups.
- We create an accepting and tolerant environment for our pupils, regardless of their sexual orientation or gender identity, through education, support and advocacy.
- We provide a safe haven within which every pupil is valued and respected and can access all facets of school life without fear of harassment.
- We help Harrodians to grow into thoughtful, healthy and considerate young people who are as confident and well-rounded as they are well-informed.
The outstanding sixth form ensures that pupils build on firm foundations so they can make well-informed, individual choices about future education and employment.
.Ofsted Report 2018