We encourage our children to think about others and to be responsible members of our local community and society at large. There are regular opportunities for the Pre-Prep to be involved in fundraising and local community events over the course of the year and particularly at seasonal times. Some of these include:
- Harvest Festival – where children collect fruit and vegetables from our allotment and sell these via an honesty box, with the proceeds and donations of unperishable food being distributed to those in need.
- Christmas initiatives such as Mary’s Meals Backpack Project, the Shoebox Appeal, TeddyAid, and Princess Alice Hospice’s Santa Run.
- An annual Easter Bonnet parade cake sale that is managed by our PP3 (Year 3) pupils and sells cakes baked by all our Pre-Prep pupils.
- A summer Community Tea that welcomes grandparents and local elderly to join the Pre-Prep for tea and cakes, to listen to our choir sing, and to chat to our pupils.
All year-round, children are encouraged to donate old toys, books, clothing and other belongings, organise collections and cake sales and take part in sponsored activities. Our Pre-Prep choir and instrumentalists are also invited to perform at local community centres or at local fundraising events.
There are also many opportunities for our Pre-Prep children to take part in fundraising activities that involve the whole School. Examples of these are:
- Christmas and Summer Fairs
- Remembrance Day
- Guinness Book of Records Christmas cracker–pulling challenge
- Christmas jumper day
- Mufti days
- International Book Day
- Charity Fashion Shows